Pages

Thursday, July 04, 2013

Books I've read in the past year...and current reads


I was recently asked what books I've read in the past year.  It was a tough question largely because we were in the middle of a move and most of my books were packed away in boxes.  A quick glance at my shelf would have helped as I typically move the books I've read to a different one from the ones I haven't.  I also read a lot of books on kindle now as they are far easier to get that way here in Italy.  I have started reviews for many of them but then have typically become too busy with the ministry here to finish them.  That said, if you want to know my thoughts on any of them, let me know and I'll do my best to respond.  Here are the ones I remember off the top of my head.

"Community" by Brad House
"Everyday Church" by Steve Timmis and Tim Chester
"You Can Change" by Tim Chester
"A Meal With Jesus" by Tim Chester
"The Explicit Gospel" by Matt Chandler
"Fear The Hunted" by Jinn Nelson
"The Gospel is for Christians" by Mitchell Chase
"Jesus + Nothing = Everything" by Tullian Tchividijan
"The Millenials" by Thom and Jess Rainer
"The Prodigal God" by Tim Keller
"King's Cross (or Jesus is King)" by Tim Keller
"Counterfeit Gods" by Tim Keller
"The Forgotten Ways" by Alan Hirsch
"Note to Self" by Joe Thorn
"Planting for the Gospel" by Graham Beynon
"The Valley of Vision" Puritan Prayer Book
"The Unwavering Resolve of Jonathan Edwards" by Stephen J. Lawson


I'm also currently reading the following:

"Radical" by David Platt
"Follow Me" by David Platt
"Real Marriage" by Mark and Grace Driscoll
"A Fair Go For All" by George W. Renwick
"The Christ of the Covenants" by O. Palmer Robertson
"Gospel Worship" by Jeremiah Burroughs

No comments: